To catch or not to catch? Grass clippings that is. Should you catch, rake or leave your grass clippings when mowing your lawn? There is no definitive yes or no answer to this, as a combination of both is required for most lawns. It is ok to leave your clippings on the lawn every now […]
When is top dressing a lawn necessary? In most cases top dressing is done to correct poor preparation and lack of soil underneath or to fill in low spots and correct uneven areas in the lawn. If your lawn is well fertilised, healthy and even, then you don’t need to worry about top dressing. How […]
We love how our lawn looks after a mow, but most of us rarely do much to keep our lawn mower in good condition. Sometimes after a few months of neglect, we hope that when we pull on the cord it will kick over and it hasn’t succumbed to the neglect, myself included! So, here’s […]
What is core aeration? Should I core my lawn? Unlike regular aeration, where solid tines simply punch holes in the ground, core aeration removes a plug of soil from your lawn at the same time. Plug or core aerators do this by using hollow tines that puncture the surface and then pull the plugs from […]
Are reel mowers the ‘reel’ deal? We look at Rotary vs Reel mowers Most of us use a standard rotary lawn mower. One with spinning blades rotating on a vertical axis under a cutting deck, that can be adjusted up or down depending on the height we need to cut our lawn. Rotary mowers Rotary […]
Time to fertilise?
This is picture that I have taken this morning of how army worm can destroy a lawn quickly. If you put your fingers down into the root system it will not take you long to find the army worm that has done the damage.This what the army worm looks like: Army worms or sod […]
Don’t mow the lawn! While it might seem like a good idea to trim the lawn before you leave town, so you don’t come back to an overgrown mess, it’s best to let it grow tall and strong and take care of the extra growth upon your return. That’s because grass that is longer can […]
Army worm can be really bad news and can attack all sorts of lawns right across Australia. Unfortunately their favourite lawn is a green,healthy one. If you notice a patch of lawn that is slightly shorter or thinner or that looks like it might have been recently mown (and you know you haven’t mown it) […]
Just like Spring Autumn is a very important time to fertilise your lawn. You really need to get your lawn ready to battle all the elements of winter to reduce the damage that the cooler months can do to your lawn… You will notice that the days in Sydney have started to become cooler and […]
Buy direct from Active Turf Supplies your accredited turf grower on 1800 757 658
Free professional advice
Fresh, superior turf
Delivery anywhere in NSW
Free removal of delivery pallets
Pick up from our farm
Turf laying service available
Family owned and operated
- Thinking of replacing your lawn? Follow these 4 expert tips for best results 21/01/2020
- Does your lawn have dry spots? 07/01/2020
- Tips to help beat the heat 17/12/2019
- How to cut grass properly 12/12/2019
- Catch, rake or leave it? 12/11/2019
- Mowing Your Lawn 18/09/2013
- Kikuyu Turf Stacked 10/01/2012
- Beautiful Rain For Lawns in Sydney… 03/02/2012
- Planting DNA Certified Sir Walter Soft Leaf Buffalo 05/09/2013
- How to choose what lawn is right for your home 11/09/2013
- Keisha: You've captured this peertcfly. Thanks for taking...
- Anghelo: Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read ahnntiyg li...
- Leonardo: Thank you a tremendous post, would read your plrai...
- lawn mower store: I'm definitely empowered together with your abili...
- Daleys Turf: Proper mowing is one of the most important practic...