It’s hard to believe we are 2 days from Winter with the warm balmy weather we have had here in Sydney through May 2014. Temperatures are well above average all over the country.Here in Sydney we have had 16 days above 22 C, which is unheard for May. Below is a picture of our DNA […]
Active Turf now have DNA Certified Sir Walter Buffalo Turf in stock and have started harvesting.Check out the photos below to see what a paddock looks like once it has been harvested. DNA Certified Sir Walter Soft Leaf Buffalo is a go anywhere and grow anywhere turf that has outperformed other buffalo’s for the […]
With the weather warming up nicely in Sydney Active Turf thought its a great time to plant some more DNA Certified Sir Walter in the turf farm. You can see here the guys at Active Turf on the sprig planter busily planting away. What we do is feed in the rolls of DNA Certified Sir […]
What beautiful spring days we have upon us in Sydney and it isn’t even September yet…With the weather warming up by the end of the week into the high 20 degrees, its a great time to mow off that winter colour and add some fertiliser into your lawn to get them as green as possible. […]
This is a picture of Troy on the Brouwer (Turf Cutter) stacking a load of kikuyu turf. The machine cuts up the turf then it is rolled up by the machine and all we have to do is stack it onto the pallet.
In this picture you can see we have a fully grown paddock of Kings Pride that we are cutting from at the moment. You can see how it has been freshly cut and we have left the strips behind.
This is a full shot of the turf planter, turf roller and also how we must not let the ground dry out so we already have the water lines watering the freshly planted turf.
Here is another picture of the turf being planted into the ground. You can see another tractor behind that has a roller attached to it. We go over the ground with a roller to get rid of all the lumps and bumps so when it comes time to cut it the machine does not struggle. […]
This picture shows how when we cut the Kings Pride Buffalo we leave little strips behind so the turf comes back quicker for the next harvest. If we did not leave these strips behind the turf would not grow back. With other varieties like Kikuyu and couch we do not have to leave the strips […]
This picture shows us actually planting the grass in the ground. We feed the turf rolls into the yellow machine and then the machine(turf planter) has sharp blades inside that cuts the rolls up in pieces and then the cut up pieces fall into the ploughed up ground. The turf planter then covers the chopped […]
Buy direct from Active Turf Supplies your accredited turf grower on 1800 757 658
Free professional advice
Fresh, superior turf
Delivery anywhere in NSW
Free removal of delivery pallets
Pick up from our farm
Turf laying service available
Family owned and operated
- How to prepare for a spring lawn renovation 18/08/2020
- You can lay turf in Winter.. 02/06/2020
- Onion Weed 22/05/2020
- 7 DIY Weed Killers 28/04/2020
- Revive your lawn before winter 14/04/2020
- Mowing Your Lawn 18/09/2013
- Kikuyu Turf Stacked 10/01/2012
- Beautiful Rain For Lawns in Sydney… 03/02/2012
- Planting DNA Certified Sir Walter Soft Leaf Buffalo 05/09/2013
- How to choose what lawn is right for your home 11/09/2013
- Keisha: You've captured this peertcfly. Thanks for taking...
- Anghelo: Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read ahnntiyg li...
- Leonardo: Thank you a tremendous post, would read your plrai...
- lawn mower store: I'm definitely empowered together with your abili...
- Daleys Turf: Proper mowing is one of the most important practic...