A well cared for, freshly mown lawn not only looks awesome, it’s also great to walk on and play on. Anyone can achieve it. The right length of grass is critical to its health and weed minimisation. Check out the guide below to determine the height of lawn that works best for you and is […]
To catch or not to catch? Grass clippings that is. Should you catch, rake or leave your grass clippings when mowing your lawn? There is no definitive yes or no answer to this, as a combination of both is required for most lawns. It is ok to leave your clippings on the lawn every now […]
African Black Beetle Scientific name: Heteronychus arator Black beetles can be a common sight in and around your lawn. They are a natural part of the ecosystem and play an important role. We sometimes hear from people who have noticed them in their lawn and are concerned that they may be damaging their grass. Here’s […]
When is top dressing a lawn necessary? In most cases top dressing is done to correct poor preparation and lack of soil underneath or to fill in low spots and correct uneven areas in the lawn. If your lawn is well fertilised, healthy and even, then you don’t need to worry about top dressing. How […]
We love how our lawn looks after a mow, but most of us rarely do much to keep our lawn mower in good condition. Sometimes after a few months of neglect, we hope that when we pull on the cord it will kick over and it hasn’t succumbed to the neglect, myself included! So, here’s […]
What is core aeration? Should I core my lawn? Unlike regular aeration, where solid tines simply punch holes in the ground, core aeration removes a plug of soil from your lawn at the same time. Plug or core aerators do this by using hollow tines that puncture the surface and then pull the plugs from […]
Wetting agents are like a detergent or surfactant that attract water to the soils surface, helping it to soak in. Hydrophobic soils repel water which can lead to serious problems in the garden and lawn. For existing lawns that are hydrophobic, a wetting agent is needed. What is hydrophobic soil? Hydrophobic soils repel water and […]
There are some out there who wouldn’t dream of fertilising their lawn very often or even at all, because it could lead to more mowing! But can you over fertilise your lawn? For others there’s no such thing as too much of a good thing, right? Well when it comes to our lawns some of […]
Are reel mowers the ‘reel’ deal? We look at Rotary vs Reel mowers Most of us use a standard rotary lawn mower. One with spinning blades rotating on a vertical axis under a cutting deck, that can be adjusted up or down depending on the height we need to cut our lawn. Rotary mowers Rotary […]
Time to fertilise?
Buy direct from Active Turf Supplies your accredited turf grower on 1800 757 658
Free professional advice
Fresh, superior turf
Delivery anywhere in NSW
Free removal of delivery pallets
Pick up from our farm
Turf laying service available
Family owned and operated
- Thinking of replacing your lawn? Follow these 4 expert tips for best results 21/01/2020
- Does your lawn have dry spots? 07/01/2020
- Tips to help beat the heat 17/12/2019
- How to cut grass properly 12/12/2019
- Catch, rake or leave it? 12/11/2019
- Mowing Your Lawn 18/09/2013
- Kikuyu Turf Stacked 10/01/2012
- Beautiful Rain For Lawns in Sydney… 03/02/2012
- Planting DNA Certified Sir Walter Soft Leaf Buffalo 05/09/2013
- How to choose what lawn is right for your home 11/09/2013
- Keisha: You've captured this peertcfly. Thanks for taking...
- Anghelo: Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read ahnntiyg li...
- Leonardo: Thank you a tremendous post, would read your plrai...
- lawn mower store: I'm definitely empowered together with your abili...
- Daleys Turf: Proper mowing is one of the most important practic...