We love how our lawn looks after a mow, but most of us rarely do much to keep our lawn mower in good condition. Sometimes after a few months of neglect, we hope that when we pull on the cord it will kick over and it hasn’t succumbed to the neglect, myself included! So, here’s […]
What is core aeration? Should I core my lawn? Unlike regular aeration, where solid tines simply punch holes in the ground, core aeration removes a plug of soil from your lawn at the same time. Plug or core aerators do this by using hollow tines that puncture the surface and then pull the plugs from […]
Wetting agents are like a detergent or surfactant that attract water to the soils surface, helping it to soak in. Hydrophobic soils repel water which can lead to serious problems in the garden and lawn. For existing lawns that are hydrophobic, a wetting agent is needed. What is hydrophobic soil? Hydrophobic soils repel water and […]
There are some out there who wouldn’t dream of fertilising their lawn very often or even at all, because it could lead to more mowing! But can you over fertilise your lawn? For others there’s no such thing as too much of a good thing, right? Well when it comes to our lawns some of […]
Are reel mowers the ‘reel’ deal? We look at Rotary vs Reel mowers Most of us use a standard rotary lawn mower. One with spinning blades rotating on a vertical axis under a cutting deck, that can be adjusted up or down depending on the height we need to cut our lawn. Rotary mowers Rotary […]
Time to fertilise?
Some lawn varieties might look great but can they handle the action from some family pets? Wear and tear, digging, urine burn and faeces are common problems, and sensitive lawns just can’t handle it, especially with large dogs. So choosing a pet friendly and tolerant variety will make life easy for all concerned. Just like humans, […]
Spring is the most important time of year for lawns everywhere.Now that the days are getting longer and warmer(well hopefully soon),the grass should be getting longer and greener too! Once the overnight temperature warms up,soil temperatures increase and your lawn starts to grow. During the winter months your lawn growth slows down and you do […]
This is picture that I have taken this morning of how army worm can destroy a lawn quickly. If you put your fingers down into the root system it will not take you long to find the army worm that has done the damage.This what the army worm looks like: Army worms or sod […]
Don’t mow the lawn! While it might seem like a good idea to trim the lawn before you leave town, so you don’t come back to an overgrown mess, it’s best to let it grow tall and strong and take care of the extra growth upon your return. That’s because grass that is longer can […]
Buy direct from Active Turf Supplies your accredited turf grower on 1800 757 658
Free professional advice
Fresh, superior turf
Delivery anywhere in NSW
Free removal of delivery pallets
Pick up from our farm
Turf laying service available
Family owned and operated
- Show Your Lawn Some Love!… By Loving Your Lawn Mower! 13/05/2019
- 5 Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day 09/05/2019
- ‘Winterizing’ your lawn with Potassium 06/05/2019
- Tiff Tuff- Game changer 13/03/2019
- Happy Australia Day! 25/01/2019
- Mowing Your Lawn 18/09/2013
- Kikuyu Turf Stacked 10/01/2012
- Beautiful Rain For Lawns in Sydney… 03/02/2012
- Planting DNA Certified Sir Walter Soft Leaf Buffalo 05/09/2013
- How to choose what lawn is right for your home 11/09/2013
- Keisha: You've captured this peertcfly. Thanks for taking...
- Anghelo: Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read ahnntiyg li...
- Leonardo: Thank you a tremendous post, would read your plrai...
- lawn mower store: I'm definitely empowered together with your abili...
- Daleys Turf: Proper mowing is one of the most important practic...