Advice on watering lawns can differ substantially depending on who you ask, and more often than not, more water is used than is required. How do you know if you are watering your new lawn enough? Providing water to your new lawn is so important to ensure that it gets off to the best possible […]
What is the right lawn? Perhaps your garden has taken off and your trees and shrubs have shot up in the past five years and you’ve now got too much shade. Or your kids have become more active and are placing greater wear on your lawn. What is the right lawn? Whatever the reason, what […]
The threat to your lawn from the heat of summer is coming to an end, but the threat to your lawn in the form of root and leaf eating grubs, caterpillars and insects remains; some of these nasty critters can keep attacking right through the months of autumn. Now is the time to safeguard against […]
Compaction, increased shade and wear are the biggest reasons to renew your lawnLawn replacement is a cheaper option than other surfaces in most casesChoose the right type of lawn to get the best return on your investment Many home lawns get to the stage where even the best maintenance and upkeep sees their lawn areas […]
Hot and dry weather can really take a toll on even the healthiest lawns and cause them to become thin and patchy. This usually happens over the summer months, as the weather is hot and dry and lawn owners are generally on holidays or too busy to keep up their regular lawn maintenance schedule. It […]
Drought conditions are impacting a lot of areas at the moment and being environmentally responsible with water use is more important than ever. Fortunately, it is only in the most severe of conditions, over a considerable amount of time, that your lawn could suffer to the point where it would completely die off due to […]
A well cared for, freshly mown lawn not only looks awesome, it’s also great to walk on and play on. Anyone can achieve it. The right length of grass is critical to its health and weed minimisation. Check out the guide below to determine the height of lawn that works best for you and is […]
To catch or not to catch? Grass clippings that is. Should you catch, rake or leave your grass clippings when mowing your lawn? There is no definitive yes or no answer to this, as a combination of both is required for most lawns. It is ok to leave your clippings on the lawn every now […]
African Black Beetle Scientific name: Heteronychus arator Black beetles can be a common sight in and around your lawn. They are a natural part of the ecosystem and play an important role. We sometimes hear from people who have noticed them in their lawn and are concerned that they may be damaging their grass. Here’s […]
It’s that spooky time of year again! Despite it not being part of our traditional culture, Halloween in Australia is growing in popularity. It’s little wonder; who doesn’t enjoy the opportunity to put up some decorations, have fun with dress ups and gorge on lollies? Halloween can be as much fun for adults as it […]
Buy direct from Active Turf Supplies your accredited turf grower on 1800 757 658
Free professional advice
Fresh, superior turf
Delivery anywhere in NSW
Free removal of delivery pallets
Pick up from our farm
Turf laying service available
Family owned and operated
- A Complete Guide for Watering Lawns 17/03/2020
- Lawn no longer fit for purpose? 27/02/2020
- Bee safe – safeguard for your lawn 20/02/2020
- Thinking of replacing your lawn? Follow these 4 expert tips for best results 21/01/2020
- Does your lawn have dry spots? 07/01/2020
- Mowing Your Lawn 18/09/2013
- Kikuyu Turf Stacked 10/01/2012
- Beautiful Rain For Lawns in Sydney… 03/02/2012
- Planting DNA Certified Sir Walter Soft Leaf Buffalo 05/09/2013
- How to choose what lawn is right for your home 11/09/2013
- Keisha: You've captured this peertcfly. Thanks for taking...
- Anghelo: Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read ahnntiyg li...
- Leonardo: Thank you a tremendous post, would read your plrai...
- lawn mower store: I'm definitely empowered together with your abili...
- Daleys Turf: Proper mowing is one of the most important practic...