What is core aeration? Should I core my lawn? Unlike regular aeration, where solid tines simply punch holes in the ground, core aeration removes a plug of soil from your lawn at the same time. Plug or core aerators do this by using hollow tines that puncture the surface and then pull the plugs from […]
Wetting agents are like a detergent or surfactant that attract water to the soils surface, helping it to soak in. Hydrophobic soils repel water which can lead to serious problems in the garden and lawn. For existing lawns that are hydrophobic, a wetting agent is needed. What is hydrophobic soil? Hydrophobic soils repel water and […]
There are some out there who wouldn’t dream of fertilising their lawn very often or even at all, because it could lead to more mowing! But can you over fertilise your lawn? For others there’s no such thing as too much of a good thing, right? Well when it comes to our lawns some of […]
Are reel mowers the ‘reel’ deal? We look at Rotary vs Reel mowers Most of us use a standard rotary lawn mower. One with spinning blades rotating on a vertical axis under a cutting deck, that can be adjusted up or down depending on the height we need to cut our lawn. Rotary mowers Rotary […]
Looking for a low mow grass. Turf research in recent times has focused on finding new varieties of grass that have superior characteristics beneficial to the changing environment. Two key characteristics that researchers are looking for in new turf varieties include – low maintenance through additional inputs (fertilising) and low mowing requirements. Enter Sir Grange. […]
Apply a starter fertiliser to your soil Once you have a reasonable amount of underlay leveled (we recommend 100mm), apply a starter fertiliser such as Lawn Launcher, this will encourage deeper root growth and really support your lawn in the establishment phase. Start laying turf around the perimeter If you are laying your turf on a […]
Time to fertilise?
5 Lawn Care Myths Busted
Lawn Solutions Australia at the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show
Handy Hint – Watering your lawn: Summer is the peak growing period for most Australian lawn types – Infrequent deep-watering is better for your lawn than frequent shallow-watering, read this handy article to understand why
Buy direct from Active Turf Supplies your accredited turf grower on 1800 757 658
Free professional advice
Fresh, superior turf
Delivery anywhere in NSW
Free removal of delivery pallets
Pick up from our farm
Turf laying service available
Family owned and operated
- Should I core my lawn? 15/11/2018
- Do I need to use a wetting agent on my lawn? 13/11/2018
- Can you over fertilise your lawn? 08/11/2018
- Which Mower is best?? 29/10/2018
- Mow less grass – Sir Grange 24/10/2018
- Mowing Your Lawn 18/09/2013
- Kikuyu Turf Stacked 10/01/2012
- Beautiful Rain For Lawns in Sydney… 03/02/2012
- Planting DNA Certified Sir Walter Soft Leaf Buffalo 05/09/2013
- How to choose what lawn is right for your home 11/09/2013
- Keisha: You've captured this peertcfly. Thanks for taking...
- Anghelo: Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read ahnntiyg li...
- Leonardo: Thank you a tremendous post, would read your plrai...
- lawn mower store: I'm definitely empowered together with your abili...
- Daleys Turf: Proper mowing is one of the most important practic...