We love how our lawn looks after a mow, but most of us rarely do much to keep our lawn mower in good condition. Sometimes after a few months of neglect, we hope that when we pull on the cord it will kick over and it hasn’t succumbed to the neglect, myself included! So, here’s […]
About Active Turf Supplies
Mums love their lawns because they provide a place for their family to create memories. We want our mum’s lawn to be up to scratch and easy to manage, with more time for the good stuff. Here’s some gift ideas we are sure she will enjoy this Mother’s Day… Buy her a push button start […]
Your lawn needs a mix of nutrients to help it function at optimum capacity. Potassium and other nutrients create a healthier lawn that is more resilient to drought, temperature change and disease. At certain times of the year, some nutrients can be more important than others. During autumn when temperatures are starting to decrease, there […]
TifTuf is a hybrid Bermuda grass that has been chosen from over 30,000 different cultivars for its outstanding drought and wear tolerance and the ability to hold an impressive level of green cover through the colder months. TifTuf requires less nutrient inputs and only 40%* of the water needed for standard warm season grasses. TifTuf […]
What is core aeration? Should I core my lawn? Unlike regular aeration, where solid tines simply punch holes in the ground, core aeration removes a plug of soil from your lawn at the same time. Plug or core aerators do this by using hollow tines that puncture the surface and then pull the plugs from […]
Wetting agents are like a detergent or surfactant that attract water to the soils surface, helping it to soak in. Hydrophobic soils repel water which can lead to serious problems in the garden and lawn. For existing lawns that are hydrophobic, a wetting agent is needed. What is hydrophobic soil? Hydrophobic soils repel water and […]
There are some out there who wouldn’t dream of fertilising their lawn very often or even at all, because it could lead to more mowing! But can you over fertilise your lawn? For others there’s no such thing as too much of a good thing, right? Well when it comes to our lawns some of […]
Are reel mowers the ‘reel’ deal? We look at Rotary vs Reel mowers Most of us use a standard rotary lawn mower. One with spinning blades rotating on a vertical axis under a cutting deck, that can be adjusted up or down depending on the height we need to cut our lawn. Rotary mowers Rotary […]
Looking for a low mow grass. Turf research in recent times has focused on finding new varieties of grass that have superior characteristics beneficial to the changing environment. Two key characteristics that researchers are looking for in new turf varieties include – low maintenance through additional inputs (fertilising) and low mowing requirements. Enter Sir Grange. […]
Buy direct from Active Turf Supplies your accredited turf grower on 1800 757 658
Free professional advice
Fresh, superior turf
Delivery anywhere in NSW
Free removal of delivery pallets
Pick up from our farm
Turf laying service available
Family owned and operated
- Thinking of replacing your lawn? Follow these 4 expert tips for best results 21/01/2020
- Does your lawn have dry spots? 07/01/2020
- Tips to help beat the heat 17/12/2019
- How to cut grass properly 12/12/2019
- Catch, rake or leave it? 12/11/2019
- Mowing Your Lawn 18/09/2013
- Kikuyu Turf Stacked 10/01/2012
- Beautiful Rain For Lawns in Sydney… 03/02/2012
- Planting DNA Certified Sir Walter Soft Leaf Buffalo 05/09/2013
- How to choose what lawn is right for your home 11/09/2013
- Keisha: You've captured this peertcfly. Thanks for taking...
- Anghelo: Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read ahnntiyg li...
- Leonardo: Thank you a tremendous post, would read your plrai...
- lawn mower store: I'm definitely empowered together with your abili...
- Daleys Turf: Proper mowing is one of the most important practic...