This shows us watering a freshly planted paddock. We must insure that the ground is well watered like this for the next few weeks to have the best chance for the turf to take root and survive.
About Active Turf Supplies
These pictures were taken on a recent trip to Fiji. We were walking past a golf course and we noticed that they were cutting up turf so we had to stop and take a look. You will notice that they are using a smaller machine called a ‘ryan’ to cut the turf up. This is […]
This picture shows the amount of preparation we need to do ,by ploughing up the ground to be able to plant a new paddock. This process of ploughing up the ground usually takes about 2 to 3 days for a 5 acre paddock. We only have to do these when we want to change the […]
Here are some of our latest photos out on the Active Turf farm!
It has been a very busy few months… Active Turf attended the Turf 11 conference in Adelaide from the 3rd to 6th August. It was held at the beautiful Stamford Grande in Glenelg. The conference’s theme this year was “Cultivate Your Business”. It was a very informative conference and we were able to gain some […]
Choosing the right mower is an important decision seeing that the average home owner spends about 35 hours per season mowing there yards. It may well be, that the mower you are using now may not necessarily be the right one for the job. Lawn mowers come in two types-rotary & Reel. Reel Mowers Reel […]
For best results when you lay your soft leaf DNA Certified Sir Walter buffalo you must insure that you have a good base to start with. Some of the most common problems are too much clay or too much sand in the area. When you have a lot of clay or sand in the area […]
Fertilising We recommend you rake our Active Turf Pre Lawn Starter which is now available in 5 kg bags, into the soil before laying your turf.The 5kg bags can be spread across 250m2.Most likely you will have left over fertiliser, which you can use afterwards once your lawn has been established. To keep your lawn […]
Buy direct from Active Turf Supplies your accredited turf grower on 1800 757 658
Free professional advice
Fresh, superior turf
Delivery anywhere in NSW
Free removal of delivery pallets
Pick up from our farm
Turf laying service available
Family owned and operated
- Thinking of replacing your lawn? Follow these 4 expert tips for best results 21/01/2020
- Does your lawn have dry spots? 07/01/2020
- Tips to help beat the heat 17/12/2019
- How to cut grass properly 12/12/2019
- Catch, rake or leave it? 12/11/2019
- Mowing Your Lawn 18/09/2013
- Kikuyu Turf Stacked 10/01/2012
- Beautiful Rain For Lawns in Sydney… 03/02/2012
- Planting DNA Certified Sir Walter Soft Leaf Buffalo 05/09/2013
- How to choose what lawn is right for your home 11/09/2013
- Keisha: You've captured this peertcfly. Thanks for taking...
- Anghelo: Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read ahnntiyg li...
- Leonardo: Thank you a tremendous post, would read your plrai...
- lawn mower store: I'm definitely empowered together with your abili...
- Daleys Turf: Proper mowing is one of the most important practic...